Patient Eligibility and Benefits Verification Services to Increase Revenue by Reducing Ineligibility
Over 50% of all healthcare claims are denied because a patient does not clear the eligibility verification for healthcare services billed to the insurer. Often, a patient would be ineligible to claim for benefits because the policy has been terminated or modified. Unfortunately, Patient Eligibility Verification is one of the most neglected elements in the revenue cycle.
Promantra can help practices significantly increase their revenue by reducing the ineligibility.
Numerous problems occur due to the lack of proper eligibility and benefit verification. These include delayed payments, increased errors, nonpayment of claims and patient dissatisfaction. To avoid these problems, Promantra provides a remotely hosted solution for Eligibility Verification at Hospitals and Medical Practices. Promantra deploys expert staff, accessible via a toll-free number, and working remotely with the objective of delivering high-quality cost effective patient insurance eligibility and related services.
Promantra’s Patient eligibility Verification Services Include:
- Receiving Schedules from the Hospital (Via FTP, Fax or E-mail)
- Verify coverage on all Primary and Secondary Payers
- Contact patient for additional information if required
- Provide the client with the results which include patient eligibility and benefits information such as member ID, group ID, coverage end and start dates, co-pay information and much more
- Enter and Update patient demographics
Benefits of Eligibility and Benefits Verification Services:
- Improve account receivable cycles (reduce account receivable days)
- Increased number of clean claims
- Increase cash collections by reducing write-offs and denials